Sunday 23 November 2014

practicing my partners final Elizabethan hair design

Practicing my partners final hair design

In order to become prepared for Mondays assessment during Thursdays lesson I started to practice my partners final hair design . I referred to a sketch and an attempt she had previously created in order to create the design she wanted.

Firstly I began by sectioning the hair in order to  make it easier to create the design. I sectioned the hair into two sections . I then created a section in which the padding will be applied two this section was situated nearer the top of the head in the centre. Either side of the section which the padding was going to be applied to I then sectioned two smaller sections either side which will be braided.

Once i had sectioned the hair with my final tooth comb and the sections were even, I firstly began by braided each section either side of the head. I found this generally quite difficult due to my partner wearing clip in hair extensions for length. In order to braid the hair I realized to resituate the clip in extensions in to the sections in order for the clips to be hidden and for the braids to look neat.





Once I Had created the braids on either side of the head I then applied the padding to the hair . I sectioned a small piece of hair which i then braided in order to act as an anchor for the padding to be secured into and then using several hair pins I secured the padding into place. Using the remaining sections of hair at the top of the hair I covered back combed the hair to create more height and then covered the rats in the hair, once the rats was completely hidden I secured the hair in place using several hair pins.

after applying the rats to the hair i then incorporated the two braids on either side of the hair and created a fish tail plait to complete my partners final design.



Overall I was quite happy with my first attempt at my partners final hair design, however after speaking to Helen about the design we realized in order to give the design more height moving the padding slightly forward would be an improvement.

After moving the padding slightly forward the overall design looks much better. Helen and my partner was happy with my attempt at her final design, however Helen suggested more techniques could be incorporated into the design such as crimping or curling.
The things my partner is left to consider is whether there are any other techniques she wants to incorporate into her design. We spoke about perhaps crimping the sections which covers the rats in order to create even more height and maybe incorporating some pearls into the design.

In order to become more confident with my partners final design , I practiced my partners final design at home in my own time on the dolls head, however due to the hair on the dolls head being slightly shorter i found the design more difficult to created .

In the photograph it is noticeable that the braids are generally quite loose this is due to when incorporating the plaits into the fishtail due to the hair being shorter the plaits became loose making the design overall look quite messy.

I found applying the rats into the hair on the dolls hair I was quite confident with. I am also more confident with roughly where the padding has to be situated in the hair in order to create more height.



No comments:

Post a Comment