Sunday 23 November 2014

final Elizabethan hair design

Final elizabethan hair design

After practicing my techniques and experimenting with creating different Elizabethan hairstyles i have finally come up with a hairstyle for my final assessment which involves wiggle plaits zig zag curls plaiting and applying padding into the hair.

Before creating my final hair design i sketeched the design to get a vague idea of what the diesng would look like once all the different techniques were put together.





Firstly i started by sectioning the hair for each different technique. I sectioned a small peice of hair either section of the head using my fine tooth come . I the sectioned another section of hair which would then be used to cover the rats in the hair.

Before applying the rats to the hair I sectioned a small piece of hair which i then plaited and secured in place using several hair pins, the plait would act as an anchor to secure the rats in place. I then attached the to the the plait using several hair pins.



The small section of hair at the front i used to create wiggle plaits which i overlayed over the padding. In order to create wiggle plaits i created a simple plait and then pushed two sections of the plait up in order to create a wave like effect in the hair.

In order to complete my final look with the remaining peice of hair i created a plaited bun situated at the back of the hair and a couple of zig zag curls either side of the head. I created the zig zag curl effect using a geisha pin which i used to weave the hair through i then applied heat to the weaved piece of hair and removed the geisha pin .

After i created my final design i felt i need to work on making the hairstyle overall more neater due to the rats in the hair being generally quite visible. I also felt i need to work on creating a better plaited bun at the back of the hair . I also found creating a plaited bun at the back of the hair quite difficult due tot he length of the dolls hair being quite short .

Inspiration for my final hair design

coral rickard. (4/03/13). beautiful braids kim kardashian style. Available: http://www.reveal.co.uk/beauty/news/a458813/beautiful-braids-kim-kardashian-style-get-the-look.html. Last accessed 29/11/14.

The photograph above gave me the inspiration on situating my wiggle plaits back off the face and over the padding .
Braided Bun Updo Hairstyle
anonymous. (unknown). braided updo hairstyles. Available: http://hairstylesweekly.com/hairstyles-for-summer-braided-bun-updos/braided-bun-updo-hairstyle/. Last accessed 29/11/14.

The photograph of Jessica Alba with the braided bun updo gave me the inspiration to incorporate a plaited bun into my final Elizabethan hair design.


No comments:

Post a Comment