Tuesday 18 November 2014

practicing final elizabethan designs

practicing final hair designs

Firstly I began by sectioning the hair into two sections creating a centre parting on the dolls head. I then sectioned a small piece of hair from the hairline to about the temples which will by used to incorporate wiggle plaits into the front of my design. I then sectioned a larger piece of hair which I will geisha pin and backcomb and will be used to cover the rats which will be applied to the hair. I then began by applying to French plaits into either halves of the hair which will be used to anchor the rats into place, in order to secure the plaits I used hair pins to which I weaved in and out through the plait. Using the same technique to secure the plaits I the applied the rats into place.

Once I was satisfied with how symmetrical the rates where on either side of the hair I then started to zig zag curl the larger section of hair which will be overlaid over the rats, I carried out this process by weaving small sections of hair through a geisha clip securing the weave piece of hair in place heating with the hair straighteners and then removing the geisha pin, which then left me with a zig zag curl effect.

I then slightly backcombed the zig zag curls to create more height and a frizzed effect. I then overlaid this section of hair over the rats and secured in place using several hair pins.

Once the rats were secured in the hair I then focused on the front of the dolls head, sections several pieces of hair I then began to create a few wiggle plaits on either side of the hair which I then secured in place using a hair pin, in order to create a wiggle plait I started by simply plaiting the hair and then pushing the plait up the hair to create a wave like effect in the hair.

With the remaining piece of hair at the back of the dolls head , I began to French plait the hair but slightly rotate the French plait in order for it to go around the back of the head, I then finally secured the plait in place by using several hair pins.
I was generally quite happy with the outcome of the hair design, however the things i need to improve on is making sure the rats are properly covered in the hair, or perhaps next time use some darker colour rats which makes them look less noticeable in the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment