Tuesday 11 November 2014

backcombing hair and creating a wiggle plait

creating a wiggle plait 

During our hair lesson with Lottie, I learnt how to create an simple Elizabethan style plait which looked very effective in the hair. In order to create a wiggle a firstly took a small section of hair and separated the section into three smaller sections, I then started to create a simple plait in the hair. Finally in order to create a wiggle plait i took the two end sections of the plait and push the plait up the hair which created a wave effect.

I really like the idea of a wiggle plait and may consider incorporating the technique into my final Elizabethan design.



first attempt at a wiggle plait( although the photograph is unclear)

In my own time I carried on practicing the wiggle plait technique in order for me to become confident enough with the technique due to wanting to incorporate it into my final Elizabethan design

Backcombing

During the lesson I learnt how to backcomb hair professionally with plenty of volume without knotting the hair and making it look untidy. When backcombing the hair correctly I learnt that it is important to backcombing in the direction of the hair . If the model has fine hair I learnt that in order to apply volume to the hair before backcombing the hair firstly apply the crimpers to the roots of the hair , due to applying the crimpers to the hair the heat will make the hair swell creating volume in the hair. The start to backcomb the hair. 

Before washing the clients hair I learnt that it is important to brush the back comb out of the hair in order to avoid the hair from becoming tangled, Due to backcombing the hair correctly the backcomb will be easy to brush out f the hair. Once the backcomb is brushed out of the clients hair I am then able to wash the model hair.




Once I had worked on both of the techniques I learnt in the lesson i then started to practice certain elements of the Elizabethan hairstyle which will be incorporated into my clients design.

During this lesson I felt I had a bad day in the hair lesson and was  unsatisfied with any of the techniques i incorporated into the hair, particularly applying the padding to the hair, I was unable o apply the padding without it being unsecure or untidy. I also tried to created a bun using different plaiting techniques , I also felt unsatisfied with the result which therefore made be become demotivated during the lesson .

In order to create the bun I created three fish tail plait which i twisted together. The picture as shown above is generally quite unclear and hard to see the fish tail plaits incorporated into the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment