Sunday 26 October 2014

final design ideas

Final design ideas

I sketched a few different hairstyles which are possibilities for my final Elizabethan hair design. The sketches include a variety of techniques which I have learnt in previous lesson such as: crimping; curling; frizzing; plaiting and applying padding to the head.
My first idea was to applying padding to the hair to create volume. I will use the frizzing technique on the section of hair which will cover the padding. The remaining hair will then be French plaited into a spiral shape .I will then used the front section of hair to create pin tail curls which will be situated around the face.



This is what my final design will look like from the front and the back .

anonymous. (02/04/2014). 02 announces exclusive priority partnership for Beyonce's UK leg of the Mrs carter show world tour. Available: http://news.o2.co.uk/2013/02/04/o2-announces-exclusive-priority-partnership-for-beyonces-uk-leg-of-the-mrs-carter-show-world-tour/. Last accessed 14/10/14.

My inspiration for my first design was Beyoncé's hair design for the O2 advert. I really like the frizzing technique which has been used on this design in order to create and Elizabethan effect.


Unusual braided updo #hairstyles #hairstyle #hair #long #short #medium #buns #bun #updo #braids #bang #greek #braided #blond #asian #wedding #style #modern #haircut #bridal #mullet #funky #curly #formal #sedu #bride #beach #celebrity  #simple #black #trend #bob
anonymous. (2014). mermaid shell braid. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/514817801126342619/. Last accessed 26/10/14.

Another inspiration for my final design was the French plaiting technique used in this style .
My second design will also include the padding technique. The section of hair which will be situated over top of the padding will be smooth and sleek . I will then take a section of hair from the front of the head and create a French plait around the front of the head. The remaining hair a the back of the head will be made into a bun, and I will create a caul which will be situated over top of the bun using a form of netting and beading.
This is a sketch of what my second design would look like  from the front and the back.
Perfect Hairstyles for Prom In 2014

anonymous. (2014). perfect hairstyles for prom in 2014. Available: http://www.beautyinfashions.com/perfect-hairstyles-prom-2014/prom-hairstyles-for-long-hair-2014/. Last accessed 08/11/14.

This was the inspiration for my second design. I like how the designer had created a modern contemporary look and incorporated the Elizabethan era by creating an oversized low bun, with a caul situated over top.

My final design idea also includes the padding technique which will be heart shaped to create an Elizabethan effect. the hair overlaying the padding will be smooth and sleek. the remaining hair at the back of the head will be French plaited with ribbon weaved through , the ends of the ribbon will be made into a bow  Finally I will curl the ends of the braid using the curlers to tie the whole look together.

The sketch shows what my design will look like from the front and the back.
french braids with ribbon in between - Google Search
Jenny's hair days. (unknown). unknown. Available: http://www.pinterest.com/ofeliahoyos3/trenzas/. Last accessed 26/10/14.

This was the inspiration for my final design. I like how the designer had incorporated the ribbon into the French plaits in order to create a corset effect. The look is generally quite Elizabethan during the 1550s the Elizabethans would incorporate many materials such as ribbons feathers and pearls into their hair.

After speaking with Helen about my final design ideas she thought they were generally good ideas and need to focus on practicing one of them for my final design.

No comments:

Post a Comment