Thursday 23 October 2014

curling and crimping hair

Week 2 curling and crimping hair

During our technical lesson I learnt how to curl and crimp hair. On half of the mannequin head the first technique I try was curling.

I started to curl the hair starting from the bottom of the head , first of all I made sure my first section was straight using a fine tooth comb in order to , make all the curls on the head even I took a fine piece of the hair from the section and started to curl the hair from the end to the root. I was cautious making sure there were no ends when carrying out this process otherwise my curls would end up with fish hook ends .

I then began to wind the curl up towards the roots making sure the curlers were facing upwards this helped me to achieve tighter curls, I left the curlers in the hair for approximately 12 seconds and then began to wiggle the curlers out of the hair to maintain tight curls.

I carried out this process until I got to the temple then I changed direction of my curled which would be at the front of the head I took my sectioned piece of hair holding it above the head and then began to wind the curlers down to the root this helped me to get a tighter curl I then left the curlers for approximately 12 seconds and then started to wiggle the curlers out of the hair by doing the front curls using this method this gave the curls more volume.




Once I had finished sectioning and curling the hair this was the final outcome. I felt I curled the section of hair well due to sectioning each piece of hair evenly making the section look even and neat. After speaking to Lottie about the outcome of curling the hair, she was generally happy with the outcome and explained that by sectioning the hair this is why the curls look neat and even.
I took a photograph to convey the volume of the curls at the front of the head by curling the sections of hair at the front by holding the hair up above the head and bringing the curlers down towards the root .

Crimping hair

When crimping firstly I had to section my hair using a fine tooth comb starting from the bottom of the head , I then began to crimp the hair by starting from the root and then working my way down the hair . I carried out this process until the whole of the hair on the head was crimped . If the client has damaged or fine hair I had to consider whether the temperature on the heated product needed altering or not.

Once I finished curling and crimping, both sides of my mannequins head I nearly order to create an Elizabethan look and add volume to the hair I then slightly began to brush the hair.
I found I was able to crimp hair quite easy by sectioning the hair this helped to make the section look a lot neater.



Once I brushed the curls out it is noticeable that the hair has gained more volume.
even though the hair had more volume once I brushed the curls out I did not  like the overall look.
I slightly brushed the hair once crimping it to convey the amount of volume which has occurred.
once I brushed the crimp out of the hair I thought the volume it created made the style look more Elizabethan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment