Tuesday 2 December 2014

Evaluation

 Technical file evaluation


Technical file evaluation

Overall I found the technical file which we created during this semester very useful, each week I added to the file the techniques and hair designs I had learnt and carried out each lesson by doing this, this allowed me to refer back to the technical file when trying to recreate the techniques, it also gave me a chance to highlight to my tutor my understanding on the techniques which were  I felt I carried out successfully and what I found difficult during the lessons.

Once I created my final techniques and Elizabethan hairstyles I wrote a short evaluation on how I felt I carried out the design process and what I needed to improve on this also gave my tutor a better understanding on how I personally felt I was managing in the lessons.

By taking step by step photographs of creating the techniques and also taking photographs of the final outcome this also allowed me to look back on my first attempt and compare it to how much I’ve improved on my techniques.

I also Included in my technical file the equipment I used each week and health and safety in the studio , I found this useful information to put in my technical file as I would be able to use it to revert back to .

By including sketches and my inspirations for my designs this gave my tutor a clear idea on what I wanted to achieve.


Final Evaluation:

Overall I am very happy with how far I have come since I first started the course in September, I  feel I have made a huge improvement on the techniques which I have learnt and feel I am becoming more confident with styling and creating new hairstyles. The skills in which I had learnt each week in order to create an Elizabethan hairstyle I found very interesting particularly padding and shaping the hair. I really enjoyed the red heads and royalty topic , and particularly enjoyed researching about the Elizabethan hairstyles and headgear in which the men and women used to wear, however although I really enjoyed researching into the Elizabethans and finding out plenty of interesting information the workload was overwhelming and difficult to keep on top of, due to spending a significant amount of time  each week working on my hair blog I felt I managed the workload well.

For my final design in which I created I felt I demonstrated a clear understanding on creating a contemporary Elizabethan hairstyle and incorporated a variety of techniques in which I had learnt into my design. I feel the red heads and royalty project has opened my eyes and given me an insight on how exciting the hair and makeup industry is as a result I really look forward to next semester.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment